The Director of Activism and Advocacy (DAA) is the lead coordinator and executor of the organization’s goals and values in the fields of social justice, community activism and advocacy. The DAA’s main responsibility is to be aware of the values and ideals of the organization as well as the needs of the surrounding areas and communities and look to service those affected areas in ways that continue progressing the organization’s overall goals. Impact is the main goal that should be focused on by the DAA and achieving the greatest impact is should be the DAA’s task on levels (individual, community, and overall). Networking and connecting the organization with other highly reputable organizations is also a goal that should be focused on by the DAA to achieve the highest level of effectiveness.
Social Justice. The DAA is responsible for being a listening and responsible party in the field of social justice and any cause relating that fits the organization’s ideals and goals. The DAA will serve in watching and listening to what is taking place in the community and surrounding areas to see what efforts may need a serving voice to bring justice in the areas of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
Protective Advocacy. The DAA is responsible for serving as a representative symbol for those whose basic human rights have been ignored and rights are oppressed. Based on the organization’s base ideals and goals, protecting and projecting the rights of those that whose voice have been silenced is something that the DAA will be tasked with in their everyday initiatives.
Community Network. The DAA serves as the principal resource between the Regenerate Society and other organizations that look to achieve the same impact in the surrounding communities. The DAA partners with the administrative staff to craft organizational goals and develop strategies to ensure that they are achieved. Employee ensures coordination and alignment of all the Regenerate Society’s activities to strategic direction in the areas
- Provide insight and direction to the organization in regards to where the focus of its social justice and community voice efforts should direct.
- Work with the Administrative Staff to develop and implement policies, procedures, and long- range strategic plans for community activism and advocacy.
- Create and design initiatives based around the visions and ideals of the organization and create plans that aid in the execution of such.
- Work alongside the Chief of Member Development to forecast new goals and stimulate volunteer involvement in the execution of each goal.
- Continue the upwards growth in relationship with other related organizations and the community
The Regenerate Society, Inc.
a non-profit corporation